Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My first months in Canada


My first months in Canada were awesome. I arrived here on September 8th. Ben, Crystal and part of my first host family were in the airport waiting for me. At first it was difficult, people did not understand me when I was talking, nor I did. Months were running and running so fast. The relationship I was having with my host family, especially with my host sisters, was better and better everyday. We went for walks together, even if the temperature was really low (at least very low for me) or even snowing. We had a really good time. We went to Vancouver city and we went to do skiing and snowboarding. Christmas was really good. In Christmas Eve I went to have dinner with Ben and his family, which it was fun. The next morning, I was sleeping when Mia and Joelle (12 and 14) went to my bedroom to wake me up to open the presents up. The tree was full with presents. I received lot of stuff, like speakers for my i-pod or a hockey jersey with my last name in the back.
Time was running a little bit more and I had to switch host families. On January 3rd I switched my host family. My second host family is nice. I have lots of thing to learn from them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Coti
    Great Blog! It is nice to read about your adventure here in Canada. I have sent the site out to other Rotary members.
    Here is a link to the RI site for Youth Exchange if you want to ad it as a link.
    http://www.rotary.org/en/StudentsAndYouth/youthprograms/RotaryYouthExchange/Pages/ridefault.aspx let me know if you need any help adding fun stuff to this site.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Cotii !!! Te quiero mucho y te extraño mucho también. Aunque me caigan unas lágrimas por tu ausencia se que estás bien y me hace re feliz verte y hablar con vos, aunque a veces no sepamos que decirnos. Espero que esta aventura ("¡qué valiente mi chiquita!" dice María), que es un cecimiento para vos y para nosotros te sirva para buscar tu lugarcito en el mundo. Acá siempre te estaremos esperando.
    Un gracias muy grande para estas familias anfitrionas que te entregan todo su amor. Tu sonrisa es nuestra sonrisa y tus amigos son nuestros amigos.
    Un beso desde Junín.
    Papá

    ReplyDelete